Griffith is Australia’s ninth largest higher education provider.
- Griffith now offers more than 300 degrees across five campuses and is home to more than 40 000 students from 124 countries.
1975, Griffith University has come to be regarded as one of Australia's most innovative tertiary institutions and one of the most influential universities in the Asia-Pacific region.Plaza at Nathan Campus
- Griffith were the very first university in Australia to offer degrees in Asian studies and Environmental studies to our students and we remain a pioneer in these fields.
Griffith have grown to be a large multi-campus institution with internationally recognized strengths in teaching and research.
Griffith have 5 campuses span 3 cities between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, each with distinct areas of teaching and research strength and working closely with its local community
- Established in 1971, Griffith opened its doors at Nathan in 1975 to 451 students in four schools: Australian Environmental Studies, Humanities, Modern Asian Studies and Science.
The Nathan Campus was designed by prominent Australian architect Robin Gibson and was the founding campus of the University.
The university has a campus on High Street, Southport specifically designed and built for Oral Health and Medicine students called the "Center for Medicine and Oral Health". It contains lecture theatres, cadaver labs, pathology labs and a dental clinic which serves the public. Building has commenced for a new University Hospital at the Gold Coast campus, which is due to open in December 2012 and will replace most functions of the Centre for Medicine and Oral Health.
On the Nathan campus, Campus Life[ supports many clubs including the long running GRUBS (Griffith University Bushwalking Club), The Karate and Kickboxing club and the Griffith UniversityAikido Club, recently incorporated and independent of the University.
The Griffith UniversityRugby Union Club, established by Phil Verheijen in 2002, were runners up in the Northern University Games in 2005 and are consistently ranked in the top 6 at Australian University Games
The Griffith University Australian Football Club (GUAFC) is an Australian rules football club formed in 2001, competing in the AFLQ State Association.
The Griffith University Gladiators finished runners up in two of their first five seasons in the AFLSQ.
The club plays out of Griffith's Nathan Campus, which features one of Queensland's leading amateur Australian football grounds with state-of-the-art playing lights and club rooms.
Griffith University students are uniquely represented by two statutory embedded student organisations.
The Griffith University Student Representative Council (GUSRC) represents undergraduate students and the Griffith University
Postgraduate Students Association (GUPSA) represents post-graduate students in all campuses apart from the Gold Coast.
Griffith also has a significant representation of foreign students. Many (from the US or other Western nations) come for just one or two semesters, others for a longer period of time.
Sports engineers come from a range of disciples that are involved with sports. These included sport science disciplines and engineering disciplines involved in the sports industry. Historically, they have an ME ng degree in Mechanical Engineering or Sports Engineering, and many go on to undertake further research in the form of a PhD.
In an age where technology is moving faster than Usain Bolt off of the starting line, you can’t help but wonder where it will end. From chalkboards to interactive digital whiteboards, from textbooks and pencils to tablet computers and iBooks, the world of education is constantly evolving to take advantage of the digital revolution. Online universities and materials downloaded straight to your mobile phone seem to be the beginning.
i-studentadvisor are looking for talented writers to contribute an article about their experiences studying business or medicine related subjects, especially if they are studying overseas.
The winning article will feature alongside respected associations and societies in magazines, and will be fully accredited .
This is a great opportunity to show off skills and have work published, whilst sharing experiences with other students.
Magazines are designed to help students research their study options and decide what, and where, to study.
This means that the target audience for your article is generally pre-university students, and your article should promote the subject you study whilst giving information about your experiences
THE competition is open to all undergraduate students currently studying a medicine or business related subject full-time.
be studying in, any country in the world.
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)has capitalized on strong international exchange partnerships to create a campus-wide strategic partnership model. With a largely non-traditional student population, IUPUI has created a culture on its Indiana campus that allows the campus and wider community to engage the world.
Griffith University in Australia recently secured funding for a $21 million dollar research facilitythat will be the country’s first zero-emission and self-powered building driven by solar-hydrogen energy. Designed by Australia’s Cox Architects, the Sir Samuel Griffith Building will support the school’s environmental program while serving as a prime example of zero-energy construction for the rest of the country.
Griffith University began the country’s first environmental school and has more than 5600 environmental science graduates to date, and the addition of this new sustainable building will help grow the program.
The environmental center will be located in Nathan, Australia surrounded by Toohey Forest Conservation Park.
- Griffith University's strategic initiative in sustainable tourism research combines the expertise of the International Centre for Ecotourism Research,
- The initiative operates cooperative research projects worldwide, with funds to support international visitors. It also offers competitive fee scholarships for international postgraduate students undertaking PhD studies supervised by its Faculty members.
Griffith maintains world-class academic staff and significant industry partnerships around the world.
- The Griffith Islamic Research Unit (GIRU) has agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding with the International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies (IAIS) in Malaysia. This serves to facilitate cooperation in matters of mutual interest between GIRU and IAIS.
- Riesenrad Wheel of Brisbane und UniversitŠt Griffith University an der South Bank in Brisbane, Queensland, Australien | giant ferris wheel of Brisbane and Griffith University on South Bank in Brisbane, Queensland, Australien
- Griffith University can approve the use of animals in Research , Teaching and Film production under Queensland legislation by applying theAustralian code of practice for the care and use of animals for scientific purposes . To grant such permission the University must, register with the Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, ensure that Staff and Students can meet the required standards and be able to monitor their performance.
- Griffith University is committed to the ethical use of animals for scientific purposes.
- enclosures of nature G I MatesV2